Wednesday 16 May 2012

Final few weeks

We now only have three weeks until the Film Installations will be opened to the public, and during this time we are running final checks, getting together the last items to be sourced, and confirming final designs.

Unfortunately, I have found the last few meetings to be incredibly frustrating. Lack of attendance by the designers has meant that the Production Team have had to make decisions regarding the designs without consulting the other students, and have been set back in the time frames as we have been unable to discuss certain issues. I have learned a lot about communication over the course of this module, as I have had to email members of staff and students, and be able to contact people for different issues.

By practicing patience and understanding, whilst also being firm in my role of Technical Stage Manager, I have been able to make it known what I need to be done in order for me to be able to continue with my own responsibilities, and through developing a good working relationship with the two Production Managers, we have worked together to solve challenges that have arisen. I am fairly confident that by production week we will be on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment