Tuesday 27 March 2012

Week 8 update

Entering week 8 and the start of the Easter break, I have had time to reflect on the project so far and look on its progress.

This week is the designer's deadlines, and so there are two meetings to take place in which all the design specifications should be confirmed. This will allow me the month of April to source the equipment and necessary items that the designer's need, as well as having two weeks once everyone has returned to Uni before the equipment deadline which I set for myself in mid-May.
So far, I have found it quite difficult in speaking with the designers to get accurate specifications for their projects. Some members of the team have been unresponsive to emails for several days, delaying my progress in sourcing the larger items which require confirmation and co-operation from other people around the University. However, throughout this process I have had to practice patience and understanding, as everyone involved in the project has other commitments which require their attention also. I have found that being polite and flexible has helped with the relationships between team members and designers, as it built a rapport and a respect that was later reciprocated.

Today's meeting with two of the designer's clarified their final pieces and gave me specific things to look for over Easter; namely two projectors, wood, chalk, and black paint. These are easily sourced and are the last things to be found.
With a little compromise, we have also managed to solve the issue of screens, as these were going to prove difficult to repaint and organise as I have no technical team. The designer agreed to using display screens which are readily available and easily covered with fabric.

Entering into the Easter break I now feel far more confident about the running of the projects as Technical Stage Manager, and feel ready to bring it all together once we return to uni in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment